December 24th/25th
This year we decided we were going to drive to Salt Lake for Christmas… I (Jennie) had to work on Christmas Eve until 11:00 pm. 11:00 pm came around at the pharmacy and my overnight pharmacist had a line to the stock room… I couldn’t leave him with the line and 15 prescriptions to fill. So being the super technician that I am (ha ha) I got rid of the line typed the prescriptions and had all the waiters filled and only left the pharmacy 20 minutes late! I drove home and ate some dinner and helped Casey pack up the rest of the truck (including the dogs in their kennels in the back of the truck with their newly purchased kennel covers! yay!) With me just getting off of work I was super energized and decided to take the first shift of the drive. I decided that there are a lot of suicidal animals (all of which I avoided by the way) there were many rabbits and an owl that flew in front of the truck!! If that doesn’t keep you awake I don’t know what will :) We arrived in Elko to get gas and I decided that I was still good to drive so I continued to drive. Twenty-five minutes later it started to get foggy :( and Casey is telling me to pull over (multiple times) so I decided to pull over and Casey took over driving (He said “good thing because I was asleep in 10 minutes” lol)… current time is 5:45ish am. 7:30ish am comes around and we are just past Wendover and almost to Salt Lake! 9:15 am we arrive in Salt Lake ready for Christmas at my mom and dad’s house. After opening presents at my mom and dad’s house we play with the kids and toys Maia and Akai got for a little bit before taking a well deserved nap. I kept waking up during my nap convinced that we were going to over sleep and miss Christmas at Casey’s mom and dad’s house.. I keep checking my watch (which I neglected to change to Utah time…) and kept thinking that we were ahead of the game because when I looked at my watch it was 12:55 PST, and I thought it was 12:55 MST lol! I then sent a text message to Jenny (Casey’s sister) saying we were running late because we were supposed to be at the house at 2:00 and we would be 20-25 minutes late… she was also running late but she was going to be an hour late. We arrived at Casey’s mom and dad’s house and opened presents and caught up it was a ton of fun! Then we went to Kathryn’s house to drop off her presents to her and spend a little bit of time with her! Needless to say we got little sleep but it was completely worth it! Finally it was back to my mom’s house for some dinner and sleep.
December 26th
Sadly we had to leave to go home because we both had to work on Monday :( so we had to pack up our stuff and drive 8 hours home. Some random things we saw (but sadly did not get a picture of) was a golden eagle on the side of the road with some crows eating some road kill. In a field we saw hundreds of deer (and not the regular white-tail deer that most of you see in Utah).
Here is what you may see on the drive from Salt Lake to Reno… LOL
this is the largest mountain range you will see
long boring roads…
dry, dead desert
more boring fields… lol
some pretty clouds (if it happens to be stormy) with long roads
snowy mountains with long roads (in the winter)
more desert scenery
it was a VERY busy Christmas but were very glad that we got to spend it with our family, we wish that we could have spent more time with everyone and we were sad that we had to leave.
Thank you for everything and although it was short we had a great time!
Jennie and Casey
No comments:
Post a Comment