February 16th I flew left Reno at 6:30 am to fly to Utah to surprised Maia for her birthday (technically the day after her birthday.. but close enough). While landing the pilot was almost on the ground and all of the sudden the engines were coming back on and we were veering back up… ummm that is NOT normal… the pilot then came on the intercom and said “in all my piloting career I have never had to do that, there was a plastic bag on the runway and the tower said I had to pull up”.
Meanwhile in my mom’s car she told Maia… Maia we need to go to the airport to pick up a “package” (me). Maia being the smart little girl that she is asked her “Grandma? how will you know when the package is here?”. My mom said “They are going to text me or call me” (because my plane was late, Maia was getting impatient) Maia then said “Grandma why can’t we go home and when they text you we can come back and get your package”. My mom told Maia “the package is almost here” (I then sent my mom a text message saying I was coming out almost) and she told her “it is time to go get my package”. I crossed to the wrong side of the road accidently so when I saw my mom on the passenger drop off side of the airport I crossed the road in front of her car and Maia said “Grandma!! There’s JENNIE!!!!!” She was so excited! (I told my brother later that day he needed to stop feeding his daughter crack for breakfast LOL)
February 17th we were heading to California!!
We stayed at the Hyatt in Huntington Beach for out first two nights… At the hotel they were having a TNT mystery weekend and some the the celebrities from the show the “Closer” were staying at our hotel.
This was the coolest fountain!
Ben and Ashley have a couple of beach kids for sure! Huntington beach was definitely relaxing!
Akai was super proud of his wrinkled feet! He had a ton of fun on the water slides (and so did Maia) and in the pool that was JUST his size! (the depth of the pool was 0.5-1 foot deep). Akai was in the hot tub with my dad and was getting crowded in the corner and he didn’t like it so he started to kick his leg out to the side to see if he could get rid of the person next to him! What a SILLY boy!
The kid pool
February 19th we headed to Disneyland (and the Disneyland hotel!)
The Disneyland hotel had a wood background above the beds that was the castle with fireworks above it.. when you pushed the Tinkerbell button on the lamp it plays a song and lights up the fireworks above the castle, it was SUPER cool!
We went on a ton of rides, watched the parade, watched the fireworks, California Screamin’, and rode the tower of terror. Maia loved the roller coaster in toon town (Jenny screamed on the way UP!)and Small World. Akai loved Small world, the Disneyland Train (because it had dinosaurs on it) and autotopia (he got to drive the blue and green car) and he REALLY wanted to ride the California Screamin’ roller coaster LOL.
Ashley and I went on the Tower of Terror (with our fast passes) and this is where we met our Disneyland boyfriend Tommy “Magic” Mckenzie LOL! We went on the ride and while he was giving instructions we were talking with my dad and he was giving us the evil eye (we couldn’t stop laughing..). He was so SERIOUS!! so after the ride was over (which it is now Ashley’s favorite ride.. not because of Tommy!) we took our picture with him. We used our second fast pass to go again and even though we were sent to the other side we somehow got Tommy AGAIN! he started laughing and we were saying I bet he was regretting his job right now.. So before the elevator doors shut he winked at us.. weird… After the ride was over we left the elevator and he got our attention.. he had some cards in his hands.. more fast passes?? NO! it was his business card LOL Tommy “Magic” Mckenzie Illusionist Extraordinare magic, escape artist, and mime. Corporate events, parties, and weddings!
Tower of Terror!!
Ben, Ashley, and I couldn’t convince Jenny to go on Splash Mountain so when we went on it we all had our hoods on, we all did the mad face with some sort of fist for our picture that gets taken. We waited for the flash (except for Ashley she was up front) and then we all leaned forward. We were the only hooded group of people on the ride it was awesome, but we didn’t get wet!
On Monday (the day we watched the fireworks) we had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe I accidently tripped on a couple stairs and stubbed my toe (through tennis shoes) and could barely walk but this didn’t stop me from enjoying the rest of my stay in Disneyland! I still could walk pretty fast with a “broken” toe LOL.
I think Maia had the BEST birthday EVER (at least that is what she said)
Thank you Casey for staying home to watch the puppies! Too bad you couldn’t come :(
Thank you to my parents for doing a lot of the planning and getting the Disneyland tickets! Thank you Ben and Ashley for inviting me to Maia’s birthday celebration!
Jennie
Looks like fun! I'm glad you had a good time!
ReplyDelete